Brains 4 Buildings
Vacancy student assistant unlocking building data
(16 hours per week for al least 3 months)
The Urban Energy Platform (UEP) has a vacancy for a student assistant to support in collecting and unlocking various user data from building at the TU Delft campus. These buildings will be used as living labs within the Brains4buildings project to test machine learning and AI methods and algorithms to reduce energy consumption, increase comfort, respond flexibly to user behavior and local energy supply and demand, and save on installation maintenance costs.
Tasks for the student assistant include:
• Connect various data streams generated within the buildings at the TU Delft campus to the Data Sharing Platform. Data streams include among others: energy consumption data, wifi data, login data, data from building management systems (BEMS), data from local climate systems etc.
• Attend regular meetings with a small project team that will be establish for this activities.
Profile and required skills:
• Master student with background in energy and ICT;
• Experience with Linux OS and bash scripting;
• Practical knowledge of Python programming language;
• Familiarity with at least one of the IoT device communication protocols such as MQTT, HTTP or Modbus;
• Basic knowledge of SQL and databases;
• It would furthermore be nice if you have
o Experience with/willingness to learn about IoT networks protocols such as Z-Wave, LoRaWAN or NB-IoT
o Experience with/willingness to learn about data streaming
Sent your application before the 30th of October to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com