Internship in Automation Software Controls Engineering
Please note: In order to be considered, you must be enrolled in higher education for the full duration of the internship.
Location: Tilburg, Asteriastraat 1, Netherlands
Duration: 5-6 months
Start date: February-March 2021
The internship assignment
The Remanufacturing department in Tilburg is responsible for refurbishing electrical powertrain components (High Voltage Batteries and Drive Units) to the original manufacturing specifications. In order to do so extensive tests are conducted by utilizing in-house developed high tech testers.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail. He/She is self-motivated, receptive to feedback, and appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
The Remanufacturing Intern reports to the Senior Engineer in Tilburg (The Netherlands).
Learning goals & Tasks
- Develop, improve and reverse engineer existing test equipment software for HV Batteries and Drive Units.
- Compile accompanying software design description documentation.
- Liaise with the tester design team in North America to gain understanding regarding the operation of the tester software in question.
- Propose, investigate and evaluate potential design change opportunities.
- He or she is currently enrolled in engineering courses in the disciplines of Software / Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering.
- Is experienced in working with LabVIEW (this is a must).
- Capable of taking initiatives and working independently.
- Acquainted with software development methodologies.
- Has good verbal and written skills in the English language.
- Has strong communication and planning skills.
- Proficiency in SQL databases and/or Python is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.