Create insights from driving behavior data
Part-Time / Full-Time
SD-Insights is a fast-growing startup that offers safety as a service, by training companies employees for better driving. This is done by offering the expertise of driving coaches, that use data retrieved from the vehicles that the employees are driving to analyze things like speed, safety distances, lane keeping, and much more, in order to give concrete advice on how to improve the driving behavior.
You will develop algorithms to extract insights from their driving behavior data-sets. They collect data from a fleet of customer vehicles and their own test vehicle and translate these raw, high-quality signals into detailed driving behavior data.
They use this data to give feedback to their drivers so that they learn to drive more safely. This step, going from data to feedback, is currently quite straightforward. They believe there are much more interesting and actionable insights that can be extracted from their data-set. With this, they can give even better feedback to their drivers and help them drive more safely.
Your tasks would include performing studies to cluster the data in driver types and other qualifications, developing algorithms to produce text-based feedback on certain outcomes, and researching the impact of weather, traffic and our feedback on driving behavior. This is partly product development, partly individual research projects.
- Master in engineering, Computer science or similar
- Experience with Python scientific stack
- Excellent spoken and written English
- The right mentality and fit are more important than the requirements.
Apply if you want to
- Have an impact every day
- Learn quickly at a tech startup
- Join a young ambitious team
- Be part of the future of mobility
- Turn big data into useful information
- Enjoy team lunches and Friday afternoon drinks
- Responsibility and involvement
- Proper salary and travel reimbursement
- Support to excel and to learn new skills
- Side challenges within the start-up
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Flexible working hours for part-time positions
- You will develop algorithms to extract insights from their driving behavior data-sets.
If you are interested and you think you have what it takes, contact us or apply directly on their website!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org